INNOVATION FOUNDATION CELL
An innovation is a multi-stage process where a person transforms ideas into new/ improved products or processes. All innovation begins with creative ideas to solve the basic needs of life. Most of the innovation and knowledge is not getting proper incentives for their work and ideas, due to which innovators feels lack of the enthusiasms and gradually erodes the traditional knowledge and the society pay the cost by losing a very valuable source of local solutions and skills. By little personal efforts and scientific & technical support, valuable intellectual property may be produced, which may be useful in the interest of the State.
There is an urgent need to provide guidance and proper platform to such innovators, at State level. Although the Council is providing support to the Innovators by coordinating with the National Innovation Foundation, Ahmadabad but it is felt that steps necessary for identification of innovators are very mere and there is no agency to promote the prospective innovators. Thus the innovators are unable to made their innovation due recognition. To resolve this issue Council has set up Innovation Foundation Cell.
Aims and Objectives of Innovation Foundtion Cell
- To recognize, respect and reward grassroots technological innovators and traditional knowledge experts.
- To promote Volunteers for identification of technological innovators Students’ Innovations and Traditional Knowledge practices of the State.
- To build a state Register of Grassroot Technological Innovators, Students’ Innovations and Traditional Knowledge practices developed by various individuals and communities.
- To link the Innovators, Traditional Knowledge holders with Institutional scientists, technologists and designers to add value in their technologies.
- Offer prizes at state level competitions of grassroots innovators and guide them to participate in National level competition of NIF and International agencies.
- Support to get micro venture innovation fund to help convert innovations into enterprises.
- Guide the public in protecting the Intellectual Property Rights and to get the technology patented.
- To motivate a culture of creativity and innovation in society.
Council takes care of grass root innovators and target groups are as following:
- Traditional Medicine practitioners
- General public, who do not possess Bachelor/ Professional degrees
- People from unrecognized Sectors